I am currently looking for exact dates (or at least the month and year) for the following historical events. If you know or think you know please let me know.
- Exact dates in 1981 (Season 13?) for the CBS 60 Minutes Ken Uston interview with Harry Reasoner. 60 Minutes was broadcast on Sundays at 7PM EDT and there were 2 segments on Ken Uston. We know one episode was on Sunday, May 17, 1981. Records of this season appear to have been lost by CBS.
- Some YouTube video clips of the episode are available here.
- First 60 minutes episode in 1981 was 1/4/81: http://www.tvtango.com/listings?filters%5Bdate%5D%5Bmonth%5D=1&filters%5Bdate%5D%5Bday%5D=4&filters%5Bdate%5D%5Byear%5D=1981&commit.x=21&commit.y=14
- Exact date that “naturals” were paid at 3 to 2, instead of 2 to 1. The 1864 Hoyle describes a natural being paid at 2 to 1. Scarne says that in 1917, printed signs began appearing reading “Black Jack pays odds of 3 to 2”.
- What ever happened to John Imming?
- What ever happened to Viktor Nacht?
- More information about Richard Canfield (aka Joe Hinton)?
- The exact dates for all annual Blackjack Ball events before 2011 (before the 15th Blackjack Ball)
- Births and deaths(?) of all blackjack experts and authorities not currently listed.
When was Edward Gordon (D. Howard Mitchell) born?
- Birth dates for Roger Baldwin, Wilbert Cantey, Herbert Maisel and James McDermott?
- Latest information about Bill Channels.
- Exact date or month in 1995, that Spanish 21 was introduced by Masque Publishing.
- Exact date (first weekend in August?) for the first BARGE convention in Las Vegas.
- Exact date or month in 1971 that Keith Taft’s David computer was first used in a casino.
- The first date that a continuous shuffling machine was used in a casino (by Shuffle Master?).
- Exact date / month in 1964 that the Las Vegas Gambler’s Book Club was founded.
- Anybody have an old copy of Blackjack In Asia by Stanford Wong that they can loan me? 🙂
- Some exact dates regarding when these started / ended:
- Exact publication dates for historically significant blackjack books, reports, magazines, etc. – Such as…