“Gambling With An Edge” is a unique cyber-hub where some of most-respected minds in professional gambling collectively share their expertise, advanced-strategy tips, insights, and opinions via the GWAE “SuperBlog” and weekly GWAE radio show. The expertise to be found here spans the full spectrum of casino games, advantage-play techniques, and legal-wagering opportunities in the U.S., with contributors including James Grosjean (AP, table games), Bob Dancer (video poker), Richard Munchkin (AP, author), Blair Rodman (poker), Frank B. (sports betting), and others.
- Are Women the Dutch Book?Last week, as part of the celebration for International Women’s Day (March 8), a statue of a defiant girl staring down the Wall Street bull appeared. Count me among those who love the statue and hope it will stay. It is no secret that women are under-represented in many fields, including the... Read more »
- Sydney Phillips, Come Play Blackjack!Sydney Phillips, a 7th-grader at St. Theresa’s private Catholic school in New Jersey, wanted to play on the boys basketball team after the girls team was discontinued. After the school said no, Sydney’s dad sued. So the school just expelled Sydney, and her sister, too, via a snotty letter! Unfair!... Read more »
- Legal Musings: “Making a Bet After the Outcome is Known”With all the casino cheating going on these days (see my previous two-part post), casinos have stepped up their game. Not only do they cheat you by not paying when you win, but they strengthen the move by enlisting the local district attorney to extort you. The way it works... Read more »
- “That Place is a Dump!”A friend recently asked me what casinos in the US would be worth visiting, given her desire to gamble and discover new places. I often get that question when people hear that I’m a card player. What’s the best casino you’ve been to? Where should I stay when I go... Read more »
- I Think My Card Might be Poisoned: What Now?After getting heat hitting a repeat target, my teammate Bullet sometimes says, “I’ve gotta go in there and find out if my player’s card is good.” Why? Why?? Why??? No! No!! No!!! First of all, do you really even need to know the answer to the question? When I try... Read more »
- The Boss Just Sat at Our Table with Game On: What Now?
- Tells: Dealer Toke HustlingAfter a session playing with rookies, I like to ask, “What did you think of those dealers?” or “Who was your favorite employee?” Heat management is one of the most important aspects of the game, and sizing up the personnel is the key to heat management. “Bullet” and I tend... Read more »
- Local Casinos: Economic Revival, or Black Hole?When the Horseshoe opened in Cleveland a couple years ago, I happened to be in the area for a wedding, and I couldn’t believe how excited these people were to get a casino! They were saying how they’d finally be a real city, and the TV news showed the people... Read more »