Steve Bourie is the author of the American Casino Guide, the most comprehensive publication available for information on any U.S. casino/resort, riverboat or Indian casino. His guide has been published annually since 1992 and it is now the #1 bestselling book in the U.S. on the subject of casino gambling and travel.
- Can the pressure and drag of the wiring on the reels of a slot machine compromise the outcome of a bet?We recently received the following question:Read more »
On a three reel, one pay line slot machine there are two wires that stretch above the reels resting on top a metal lip extending from one end of the slot to the other. The lip appears to have holes on each end and in the center to secure the wires with rip ties. I have seen where the wiring was only secured at each end but not in the center. This causes the wiring to slip off the lip and hang across the reels and may also end up resting on the reel causing it to drag aginst the reels when in motion resulting in scratching the reels. Can the pressure and drag of the wiring on the reels compromise the outcome of a bet?
Here is our answer:
Once you push the spin button on a slot machine the random number generator (RNG) chooses a combination and it tells the reels where they should stop. Therefore, any pressure, or drag, on the spinning reels would have no affect on the final outcome.
- Plaza Hotel & Casino in Downtown Las Vegas pairs breakfast with free viewing parties for World CupLAS VEGAS – With the World Cup in Russia this year, soccer fans can watch their favorite teams over breakfast at free viewing parties inside Brightside Breakfast & Burgers at the Plaza Hotel & Casino in downtown Las Vegas.Read more »
“As the official hotel partner to the Las Vegas Lights FC and home to the team’s after parties for each home game, the Plaza has become the destination for soccer fans in downtown Las Vegas,” said Jonathan Jossel, CEO of the Plaza. “As an avid soccer fan myself, I am excited for the Plaza to host World Cup viewing parties for Las Vegas’ fast growing soccer fan base.”
During World Cup, the Plaza will host free viewing parties at Brightside starting at 7 a.m. (most games televised at 8 and 11 a.m.), beginning with the group phase June 14 - June 28. Games will be shown via two projectors in addition to the seven high-definition large screen televisions located throughout the restaurant.
On Sunday, June 17 at 8 a.m. and Wednesday, June 27 at 7 a.m., soccer fans will be joined at Brightside by players and coaches from the Las Vegas Lights FC, who are scheduled to attend to watch the Mexico national football team play and sign autographs.
Attendees can watch the games while enjoying Brightside’s breakfast and all day dining specials, including:
· The 4 for $4 breakfast (served from 7 – 11 a.m.), which has quickly become Brightside’s most popular breakfast item, offers 1 scrambled egg, 1 sausage, 1 slice of bacon, and 1 waffle for just $4.
· The $6.99 menu (served all day) offers the choice of a BLT, Loaded Pulled Pork Nachos or the popular Philly Cheesesteak with bread from the famous Philadelphia bakery Amaroso, meat direct from the city of brotherly love, and traditional Cheez Whiz.
· $9.99 “burger and a beer” (served all day) – cheeseburger on a Hawaiian brioche bun and a bottle of domestic beer
· Beer bucket special – 5 beers per bucket ($15 for domestic beers and $20 for imported)
Games during the knockout phase, June 30 - July 14, will be aired in Brightside at 7 and 11 a.m., with the final match at 8 a.m. on Sunday, July 15. More details and a full event schedule are available at https://www.plazahotelcasino.com/ent...ewing-parties/.
About the Plaza Hotel & Casino
Located in the heart of downtown Las Vegas, the Plaza Hotel & Casino combines a vintage Rat Pack attitude with modern styling and personal customer service for the ultimate Vegas experience. First opened in 1971 and built on the site of the original Las Vegas railroad depot, the Plaza has 1,003 renovated rooms and suites, a classic Vegas showroom, downtown’s only bingo hall and 30,000 square feet of ballroom and meeting space. Guests enjoy a variety of dining options led by the Rat Pack-styled Oscar’s steakhouse in the hotel’s iconic glass dome overlooking the Fremont Street Experience. Hundreds of slot machines, from the latest games to traditional coin machines, and nearly two dozen table games comprise an 80,000-square-foot casino floor, which is also home to downtown’s largest race and sports book. A fully renovated rooftop pool and recreation deck, complete with private cabanas, hot tub, food truck, tennis court and dedicated Pickleball courts, provide guests with a variety of outdoor amenities. For more information on the multiple award-winning Plaza Hotel & Casino, visit www.plazahotelcasino.com.
- Restaurant reviews 6/15Flower ChildRead more »
1007 S Rampart Blvd
725 S Las Vegas Blvd
1121 S Main St
Julian Serrano Tapas
La Flor de Michoacan
3021 E Charleston Blvd
Lulu’s Bread and Breakfast
6720 Sky Pointe Dr
stuffed French toast
benecio del porko
Plantone’s Italian Market
8680 W Warm Springs Rd
7595 W. Washington Ave
- Restaurant reviews 6/8Citizens Kitchen & BarRead more »
Flock & Foul
Herbs and Rye
3713 W Sahara Ave
1121 S. Main St
1745 S Rainbow Blvd
- Restaurant reviews 6/1Bobby’s Burger PalaceRead more »
520 E Fremont St
Red Rock Resort
Sparrow + Wolf
4480 Spring Mountain Rd
- Restaurant reviews 5/25Block 9 Thai Street EatsRead more »
10595 Discovery Drive
Lip Smacking Foodie Tours
Lotus of Siam
620 E. Flamingo Rd
nam kao tod
seafood drunken noodles
New York Chinese Restaurant
655 S. Green Valley Pkwy
3655 S Durango Drive
9275 W Russell Rd (The Gramercy)