Steve Bourie is the author of the American Casino Guide, the most comprehensive publication available for information on any U.S. casino/resort, riverboat or Indian casino. His guide has been published annually since 1992 and it is now the #1 bestselling book in the U.S. on the subject of casino gambling and travel.
- Restaurant reviews 8/17Andre’s Bistro & BarRead more »
6115 S Fort Apache Rd
Groupon has offers
Ferraro’s Italian Restaurant & Wine Bar
4480 Paradise Rd
Chilly Jillyz Bakery & Cafe
1680 Nevada Highway, Boulder City
6545 S Apache Rd
7355 S Buffalo Dr
Pink Box Donuts
7531 W Lake Mead Blvd
caramel cheesecake and mocha
- Restaurant reviews 8/10Alexxa’s BarRead more »
7591 Washington Ave
Rosallie – Le French Cafe
6090 South Rainbow Blvd
11261 S Eastern Ave
- Restaurant reviews 8/3Bomb TacosRead more »
616 E Carson Ave
4343 N Rancho Dr
1007 S. Rampart Blvd
Jerry’s Famous Coffee Shop
Lulu’s Bread and Breakfast
6720 Sky Pointe Dr,
stuffed French toast
benecio del porko
- Spin a wheel and make a deal at rivers casino & resort in schenectady, new yorkSCHENECTADY, NY (July 30, 2018) – Things are heating up this August at Rivers Casino & Resort Schenectady, where Rush Rewards members will have the chance to win a 2018 Dodge Charger SXT RWD, Free Slot Play and cash during the $250K Spin A Wheel, Make A Deal promotion.Read more »
Guests will receive one entry for every 20 points earned on slots, video poker or table games. Entries can be activated between 6:00 p.m. to 9:15 p.m. on each drawing day for the chance to play a game of Spin a Wheel, Make a Deal. Rush Rewards members will automatically receive 5X drawing entries for their play on Tuesday, August 7, 14, and 21, and drawings will be held every Friday and Saturday at 9:30 p.m. Five guests will be selected during each drawing to spin the Prize Wheel and land on a Free Slot Play prize. The four guests with the lowest prizes will walk away with the Free Slot Play. The winner with the highest amount of Free Slot Play will then move on to the next round, where they can keep the Free Slot Play, or select one of five envelopes containing an array of prizes. If they select an envelope, the guest will lose the previously won Free Slot Play prize, and have to make another choice: keep the envelope or punch the punchboard to win between $250 Free Slot Play and a brand new 2018 Dodge Charger SXT RWD.
Additional promotions and events include:
Gaming Promotions and Giveaways
Putt Putt Payout – From 6:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. on Thursdays and Fridays in August, Rush Rewards members who have an open rating on any table game, excluding the Poker Room, will have a chance to qualify for a hot seat drawing. One guest will be selected every hour from 6:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. for a chance to play a putting game. The chosen guest will automatically receive $100 Match Play and Rivers-logoed golf balls, once they have stated their intent to play and identity is verified. There are three levels in the putting game. If the guest putts the first hole successfully, they will win $100 cash plus the Match Play. If they choose to continue and putt the second hole, they can win $500 cash and the Match Play. A successful putt at the third and final hole will grant the player a prize of $1,000 cash and the Match Play. If at any time the guest misses the putt, they will still receive the $100 Match Play and Rivers golf balls.
Senior Days – Young at Heart - On Mondays, Rush Rewards members ages 55 and older will enjoy free valet parking from 6:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m., a chance to play in the On Demand True Time Slot Tournament where the 10 high scorers will split $2,500 Free Slot Play, entertainment at Van Slyck’s from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. and an unlimited soup & salad lunch special for $9.99 at Dukes Lounge from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Hamilton Beach Spiralizer Giveaway – Rush Rewards members who earn at least 300 points by playing slots or video poker on Thursday, August 9, from 6:00 a.m. to 7:59 p.m. will be eligible to receive a Hamilton Beach Spiralizer, while supplies last. Guests can claim their gift in the Event Center from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Cuisinart Food Chopper Giveaway – Rush Rewards members who earn at least 300 points by playing slots or video poker on Thursday, August 16, from 6:00 a.m. to 7:59 p.m. will be eligible to receive a Cuisinart Food Chopper, while supplies last. Guests can claim their gift in the Event Center from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Events and Entertainment
Dine with Diamond – An effortless performance featuring classics from Neil Diamond will be delivered by the “King of Diamonds” during the Neil Diamond Tribute Dinner and Show on Wednesday, August 8. Award-winning tribute artist Rob Garrett will perform as the legendary Neil Diamond. The show will be accompanied by a three course dinner in the Event Center. The doors open at 6:30 p.m. and dinner and entertainment will begin at 7:00 p.m. Tickets are sold out!
Morris Day & The Time – The funk will be contagious when Morris Day & The Time perform on Thursday, August 23 in the Event Center. Day’s catchy musical style is a trademark of 80’s dance and R&B hits that all generations can groove to. The doors open at 7:00 p.m. and the show will begin at 8:00 p.m. Tickets start at $25 and are available for purchase online at riverscasinoandresort.com or through Proctors Box Office and at tickets.proctors.org.
Wayne Brady – Five-time Emmy award winner and Grammy nominee Wayne Brady will take the stage on Friday, August 24 in the Event Center. The actor, comic, singer, dancer and songwriter will delight the audience as a true show biz renaissance man. The doors open at 7:00 p.m. and the show begins at 8:00 p.m. Tickets start at $50 and are available for purchase online at riverscasinoandresort.com or through Proctors Box Office and at tickets.proctors.org.
California Transit Authority – Enjoy a performance by California Transit Authority, featuring original members from Chicago, on Saturday, August 4. The concert will be held in the Mohawk Harbor Amphitheater as part of the Harbor Jam Concert Series and starts at 6:00 p.m. This event is free and open to the public.
Orleans – 70’s pop rock band Orleans will be performing in the Mohawk Harbor Amphitheater on Saturday, August 11. The concert starts at 6:00 p.m. and is free and open to the public.
There is no cost to join Rush Rewards, and members earn points for their slot play and table game play by inserting their card into the slot machine or presenting it to table games dealers before starting the game. The more points earned, the more reward benefits members will receive. These include free play, food offers, entries into promotional drawings, discounted room rates, valet parking, personalized casino host services and much more.
- Beau rivage resort & casino and gold strike casino resort set to launch legal sports wagering in mississippi august 1, 2018NEW ERA OF SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT BEGINS WEDNESDAY WITH SIMULTANEOUS FIRST BETS IN BILOXI AND TUNICARead more »
FIRST SPORTS WAGERS MARK ANNIVERSARY OF FIRST MISSISSIPPI CASINO BET IN 1992
- Beau Rivage Resort & Casino and Gold Strike Casino Resort will accept their first legal sports wagers on Wednesday, August 1 at 12 p.m., in Biloxi and Tunica, under new Mississippi regulations allowing licensed casinos to conduct sports book operations.
- The two Mississippi gaming resorts, both part of the MGM Resorts International portfolio, will celebrate the occasion with invited guests placing simultaneous first bets in the two locations at opposite ends of the Magnolia State.
- These first sports wagers will be placed on the 26th anniversary of the first casino bet made in Mississippi’s modern casino age, when the first pair of dice was rolled at the Isle of Capri in Biloxi on August 1, 1992.
- Among the local dignitaries and sports figures invited to place the historic first bets:
At BEAU RIVAGE:
-Willis McGahee, former Miami Hurricanes Running Back and 2-time NFL Pro Bowler
-Robert Royal, former Louisiana State Tigers Tight End and NFL star
-Legendary Oddsmaker Danny Sheridan
-Mississippi Hotel and Hospitality Association Exec. Dir. and Former Mississippi Gaming Commission Exec. Dir. Larry Gregory
At GOLD STRIKE:
-Stanley Morgan, UT Knoxville Wide Receiver and 4-time NFL Pro Bowler
-Former Mississippi Gaming Commission Chairman Nolen Canon
-Mississippi Senate Tourism Committee Chair Lydia Chassaniol
-Mississippi House Gaming Committee Vice-Chair Rep Cedric Burnett
WHEN: Wednesday, August 1, 2018
11:00 a.m.: Sports Book open to media
11:45 a.m.: Remarks by distinguished guests
12:00 p.m.: First sports bet
WHERE: BEAU RIVAGE: 875 Beach Boulevard, Biloxi, Mississippi 39530
GOLD STRIKE: 1010 Casino Center Dr, Robinsonville, MS 38664
- Restaurant reviews 7/27Bacchanal buffetRead more »
Groupon has offers
CJ’s Italian Ice & Custard
3555 S Durango Dr
Garden Court buffet
Main Street Station
LVA subscribers receive 2/1 coupon
7355 S Buffalo Dr
I. C. China Bistro
8125 W Sahara Ave
6720 Sky Pointe D
- MGM Springfield: “This is a First” $960 Million Integrated Resort Destination Launches High-Energy Brand CampaignMGM.jpgRead more »
SPRINGFIELD, MASS. (July 23, 2018) – In a city known for firsts, MGM Springfield has added another to the list. The resort launched “This is a First,” its multi-media brand campaign, offering a peek into the experiences and entertainment guests should expect when the doors open August 24.
“With this campaign, we are marking the grand arrival of an unparalleled experience from dining and entertainment to nightlife and gaming,” said Michael Mathis, president of MGM Springfield. “Each component is meant to capture the energy of the resort and showcase the ‘wow’ moments guests will encounter throughout the destination.”
Developed by McCann NY, “This is a First” showcases MGM Springfield in a vibrant, whimsical way. The fully integrated multi-platform campaign includes TV, print, digital, outdoor billboards and social channels, and will run throughout the Northeast region of the country.
For a first glimpse into the excitement of MGM Springfield, the resort’s debut TV spot can be viewed here. A shorter version also can be found here.
For additional information about MGM Springfield, please visit the MGM Springfield Newsroom.
# # #
About MGM Springfield
MGM Springfield covers three city blocks in the heart of downtown Springfield, Mass. Igniting a cultural and economic renaissance in a historic New England city, the approximately 2 million square-foot development, which combines new construction with revived historic buildings, will offer more than 125,000 square feet of gaming space, a 250-room boutique hotel on Main Street and superior spa services, diverse retail and inspired dining headlined by award-winning Chef Michael Mina’s Cal Mare. MGM Springfield also will feature the seven-screen Regal luxury cinema complex, bowling lanes, a seasonal skating rink and outdoor marketplace displaying local art, events and talent. MGM Springfield will open August 24, 2018. For additional information, please visit mgmspringfield.com.
- Plaza Hotel & Casino in Downtown Las Vegas to offer Nevada’s only million dollar bingo game, Aug. 1, 2018LAS VEGAS – Home to the only bingo room in downtown Las Vegas and the highest payouts in the valley, the Plaza Hotel & Casino will now offer the only million-dollar bingo game in Nevada.Read more »
The Plaza will introduce Bingo Millions® on Aug. 1. Players can win the entire jackpot by completing a coverall pattern in 47 ball calls or less. Players can win other jackpots up to $25,000 for completing their coverall in up to 54 ball calls. All prizes are paid on a no-split basis, except for the grand prizes which are aggregate.
The odds of winning the Bingo Millions’ jackpot are considered to be some of the best in the industry. The game was the brainchild of Weldon Russell, bingo manager at the Plaza. Russell’s bingo career spans decades, and he is known in the Las Vegas bingo community as an innovator in the game.
“It is very exciting that the Plaza will have the only bingo room in the state with this game and incredible jackpot,” said Russell. “Over the years, bingo at the Plaza has grown. We welcome players of all ages and demographics at our six daily games and hundreds more from all over the country for our Super Bingo events. This new game offers a million more reasons to come to the Plaza to play bingo.”
Created by Gaming Arts, a family owned Las Vegas-based business, Bingo Millions follows other cutting-edge bingo games at the Plaza, such as the industry’s first interactive Super Spin Bingo™ games where players can spin and win prizes up to five times more than traditional games.
“These interactive games bring an unmatched spirit to the room. That excitement coupled with our commitment to create a fun, relaxed environment and is why people come to the Plaza for bingo,” added Russell who leads a seasoned staff at the bingo room at the Plaza, including the industry’s first-ever bingo ambassador dedicated specifically to the customers’ experience.
To learn more about bingo at the Plaza, visit: https://www.plazahotelcasino.com/bingo/
- Restaurant reviews 7/20Bardot BrasserieRead more »
Joe’s Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab
Forum Shops @ Caesars
The Kitchen at Atomic
917 Fremont St
Mon Ami Gabi
Scotch 80 Prime
Palms Hotel & Casino
11261 S Eastern Ave
- Palace Station Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas Unveils All-New Contemporary Feast BuffetLAS VEGAS -July 18, 2018 - Palace Station, the original Las Vegas locals casino, today debuted its all-new Feast Buffet as part of a $192 million modernization of the property. Known as the original Station Casinos' buffet concept that first debuted at Palace Station in 1988, the next generation buffet concept, 30 years after its debut, now features a modern era vibe within the historic property – allowing for a sensible conquest-worthy dining experience.Read more »
Located on the new casino floor, the new Feast Buffet boasts a 14,000 square-foot buffet experience and allows seating for up to 394 guests in a dining hall setting. Featuring an all-new look, feel, location and menu, guests are welcomed by the modern era design with earth tones that are warm, rich, and invoke a sense of unparalleled comfort.
Feast Buffet features an eclectic menu of greatest hits and contemporary twists on traditional favorites, available at seven stations presenting global cuisine in a contemporary and relevant fashion, grouped by cooking techniques., Inspired by its sister concept A.Y.C.E Buffet at Palms Las Vegas, the new buffet allows guests to sample its reasonably sized stove pots and serving trays, individual plates and ramekins, carved-to-order proteins, as well as a series of made-to-order options – allowing for the ultimate feast.
· Located in the heart of the Feast Buffet, The Greenery serves up a variety of antipasto, soup and salad options to kick off the buffet dining experience. Above and beyond the typical salad bar experience, guests can spice things up with an assortment of fresh greens, fruits and seasonal salads including jicama grapefruit, wheat berry melon, and savory mushroom.
· Wok This Way showcases an array of globally-inspired dishes and pays tribute to pan-Asian cuisine. Known for its classic stir-fry inspired technique, guests can enjoy a diversity of flavors with culturally inspired recipes such as traditional congee, loco moco, breakfast bao, ****ake mushroom scramble, spam fried rice, char sui pork, and vegetable lo mein. Plus, guests can pair their dishes with agua frescas and boba teas made fresh daily.
· Boasting a wellness experience, Healthy Favorite is perfect for health-savvy guests. With vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free options, guests can create a wholesome experience with offerings such as tofu shakshuka, two bean hash, potato pancakes, Southwest tofu, mushroom stroganoff with pasta, and vegetable quesadillas with spinach and mushroom.
· The Carvery is a favorite among buffet connoisseurs and first-time diners alike and specializes in rotisserie-style fare. Indulge in American favorites including, cinnamon bun casserole, , corn beef hash and eggs in potato skins, a variety of Egg Benedicts, kielbasa, peach glazed ham, and ham and cheddar biscuits.
· Created with a hint of smoke, utilizing white oak wood chips for added flavor, Blazing Grill heats up the kitchen with its smokehouse-inspired technique. From breakfast tacos to sopes, and hot links to pork belly, this grill-inspired station is sure to wow meat-lovers and beyond.
· The Hearth embodies an open-air kitchen and focuses on baked items that are sure to bring comfort to diners. Enjoy Egg Florentine, Denver and country scrambled pot pies, quiche and assorted breakfast pizzas for breakfast and chicken and bisquits, mini goulash, flatbreads, pasta and peas, chicken gumbo, baked cod and strombolis for lunch and dinner.
· Satisfy any sweet tooth with Just Desserts and its wide-variety of sweetness. Enjoy one-of-a-kind carnival-inspired treats such as s'mores bites, donut ice cream sandwiches, chocolate-dipped apples, churros and zeppoles with palettas and gelato to top off the dining experience.
· Sunday Brunch menu highlights include mini-meatloaves, breakfast bao buns, breakfast tacos, smoked ribs and brisket, sushi, roast pork steamship and power bowls.
Feast Buffet serves up breakfast Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m., lunch Monday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., dinner nightly from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. and brunch Sundays from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Introductory prices range from $6.99 to $12.99 for Gold, Platinum, President and Chairman-level Boarding Pass loyalty card holders and from $10.99 to $17.99 per person for non-loyalty card holders. (excludes tax and gratuity).