By Zachary Gleason
Blackjack is one of the most common games you can play for real-money at land-based and online casinos. The fact that online blackjack features a low house edge, and great odds, makes it a favorite attraction among players.
The objective is pretty straightforward. All you need to do is get a hand total of 21 or close to it without going bust. The more reason why Internet blackjack appeals to gamblers is that you play only against the dealer and not other players. This further reduces the house edge of the game.
However, even with the benefits the game offers, you need a good strategy to maximize your chances. This is because blackjack is a game of skill based on mathematical rules. The fastest way to increase your bankroll and reduce your loss while playing blackjack is by adopting the right blackjack strategy.
A perfect blackjack strategy guide helps players make their decision based on their hand total and the dealer’s up-card. Since it covers basic moves, a blackjack strategy guide is usually simple to learn and understand.
Let’s look at how to win online blackjack using several basic tactics and approaches.
A Basic Blackjack Strategy To Increase Your Odds
A basic blackjack strategy gives you an advantage over the house and more favorable odds while playing the game. It simply involves a set of rules that tells you when to carry out four main blackjack moves:
- Hit- Request for an additional card
- Stand- You are okay with your cards and do not want another.
- Double Down- Double the amount of your initial bet and get an additional card.
- Split- Split two cards of the same value on two hands, which will automatically double your bet.
- Surrender- Some blackjack games also allow you to give up your hand and lose half of your bet.
- Insurance- An optional side bet when the dealer shows an Ace up. You can wager up to half of your original bet. If the dealer reveals a ten-valued card under their Ace you will win double your bet.
Here are some essential online blackjack tips to maximize your chances:
- Always split Aces and Eights.
- Play only games that support the dealer stands on soft 17 rule.
- Take advantage of correct soft doubling when you have an ace against dealer’s low cards.
- It is often correct to stand when your hand could bust and the dealer has a high card showing.
- Never split 10s.
- Do not take the insurance bet when offered. It is a sucker bet.
- Memorize and use a valid blackjack strategy chart for the game you are playing.
- Go for blackjack games that pay 3:2 rather than games that only pay 6:5.
- Single deck blackjack games can be more rewarding, however, be aware that most, if not all, single deck games only pay 6:5 on a blackjack.
ARE THEY SAFE AND FAIR
Generally, online blackjack real money games are safe to play and are not rigged. However, much depends on the online casino you are playing at.
When you play at a trustworthy and reliable casino that upholds fair play, you can be sure that all the games available at the casino, including blackjack 24/7, are safe.
Below are some pointers that show that an online casino is safe to play blackjack for real money.
- The casino is licensed and regulated by reputable authorities.
- The casino makes use of top-notch software and offers several variations of blackjack.
- The online casino has a stellar reputation online with a track record of positive reviews.
- The casino upholds fair play through the use of RNGs.1)A RNG is a Random Number Generator.
- There are security encryptions in place on the site that protects players’ funds and personal information.
- The casino features a fast payout and offers several cash-out methods for easy withdrawal.
- The online casino is registered with a third party gaming organization like eCOGRA. 2)eCOGRA is an internationally approved testing agency and player protection and standards organization. The company was established in 2003 in the United Kingdom and introduced the first formal self-regulation program to the online gambling industry in 2003.
DOES CARD COUNTING WORK ON GAMBLING SITES?
Card Counting is a casino card game strategy used to predict the next hand based on the remaining number of cards in the deck. The strategy is used primarily in blackjack, however, it is generally not applicable or usable online.
You can’t use card counting in online blackjack or other online casino games generally because of low deck penetration. Online casinos use a continuous card shuffling software algorithm that quickly and automatically reshuffles the shoe after each hand is played. This results in no deck penetration or low percentage of cards dealt, making it very difficult and almost impossible for you to count cards.
LIVE BLACKJACK GAMES
Live blackjack allows you to enjoy online gambling blackjack with a real dealer in real-time. Right on your device, you would be able to enjoy a physical casino experience through the exclusive features live blackjack games provide.
Some of them include a live blackjack dealer dealing and shuffling, an actual blackjack table, and real decks.
Live blackjack variations also feature live chat, enabling you to chat with the dealer and other player’s at the table while playing blackjack in real-time.
Live blackjack game-play is similar to traditional online blackjack; the only difference is that the dealer and some of the game’s props are real and in real-time.
You will find several live blackjack variations available at online casinos. Most popular variants include; Live Blackjack Party, VIP Live Blackjack, Infinite Blackjack, Free Bet Blackjack, and Perfect Blackjack.
Online Blackjack is a fun and exciting game to play for real money. However, the game requires some skill if you are to have any chance. If you want to know how to beat online blackjack, it is necessary that, as a minimum, you learn a basic blackjack strategy.
A good blackjack strategy not only contains information on how to play blackjack online but also gives you tips to maximize your bankroll at the casino. Even if you understand the basic blackjack strategy, you need to be sure that when you play and win, you would be able to withdraw your funds easily. That’s why it’s vital to play only at safe and legitimate casinos.
Safe online casinos also ensure that your private information is kept safe, and you have a secure and enjoyable online experience playing blackjack.
When playing online blackjack for real money, gamble responsibly and avoid chasing your losses. Fix a time and budget for your online play, and whether you are losing or winning, stick to your fixed budget.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Zachary Gleason is an online casino enthusiast and player that researches and writes about the market on his blog Legitimate Casino. He uses his casino knowledge to help players get the best possible experience with his insights and passion.
|↑1||A RNG is a Random Number Generator.|
|↑2||eCOGRA is an internationally approved testing agency and player protection and standards organization. The company was established in 2003 in the United Kingdom and introduced the first formal self-regulation program to the online gambling industry in 2003.|