Allen, Ray. Taking the Edge. (c1981)
– Review TBD. According to Stanford Wong this is an excellent video on false shuffling.
[11/81 Wong Nevada Blackjack Vol.3,189]
Equinox. The Gambler’s Guide To Winning. Channel 4 Video UK; 1995
– Review TBD. Ed Thorp explains how his system works and recalls how the casino owners did everything in their power to keep him out. Also Frank George explains how his horse racing system works.
– Outstanding. Highly recommended. Goes into more detail than Beat a Cheat. This incredible series is not only an expos’e of the tricks of card mechanics but they can also be used to teach someone these methods.
[ https://www.blackjackreview.com/wp/catalog/blackjack-videos/ ]
Joseph, Mike. Beat a Cheat: Secrets of a Card Sharp, Premiere Home Video, Hollywood, CA 90038; 1989. (45 min)
– Excellent. Highly recommended. Good introduction to the secrets of card mechanics. Card expert Mike Joseph demonstrates false shuffles, stacking, dealing seconds, peeking, false cuts, card marking techniques, palming and mucking. He also demonstrates the faro shuffle.
[12/89 Snyder Blackjack Forum 11] [6/89 Snyder Blackjack Forum 50] [ AMAZON: Beat a Cheat: Secrets of a Card Sharp [VHS] ]
Munari, Geno. Casino Table Game Cheating Exposed. Munari Communications Prod., Las Vegas, NV; 1991. (1 hour 45 min)
– Very good. Recommended. A good expos’e on blackjack cheating methods including peeking, marked cards, seconds, hold out methods, crimping, hollow, chips, dealer cheating, coffee cup scam, warped cards, flashing, card removal, false shuffles, shiners, strippers, coolers and gaffed shoes. Also includes information on roulette, baccarat and dice scams.
Ortiz, Darwin. Darwin Ortiz on Card Cheating. A-1 MagicalMedia; c2000. (2 hour 12 min)
– Excellent. Recommended. From the advertising: “Learn 60 techniques that are among the closely-guarded secrets of the card-cheating underworld! 21 False Shuffles & Cuts, 6 Stacking Techniques, 8 False Dealing Methods, 21 Palms & Switches. Mr Ortiz also performs one of the most diabolical card scams ever created: The Three-Card Monte, used by hustlers and cheats around the world to separate suckers from their cash!“
[ Dec 99 Blackjack Forum 111 ]
[ AMAZON: Darwin Ortiz on Card Cheating ]
Turner, Richard. The Cheat. Showdown Creations, Inc. (2 volumes – 50 min each)
– Good. Recommended. More than 100 cheating techniques for poker and blackjack. Examples of false shuffles, nullifying the cut, partial shifts, crimps and bridges, and palming. Also includes stacking the deck, switches and peeking. Blackjack techniques include second dealing and stacked decks. Slow motion used for many moves.
[ AMAZON: The Cheat by Richard Turner ]